Upcoming Community Events
The first community visioning workshops have wrapped up, which you can read all about here. The planning team also conducted a volunteer stakeholder meeting on November 28th that was attended by 60 Great Parks volunteers. The volunteers are very knowledgeable about the parks system, so they provided some valuable feedback! Check out a few photos from that meeting below.
If you missed the opportunity to participate in the workshops, there are still more ways you can participate! One opportunity ongoing over the next few months, is a planning activity and information table that will be set up at several upcoming events. At the community events below, volunteers or members of Great Parks of Hamilton County staff will be on hand at the times specified to hand out surveys and facilitate a map-based planning activity. This is a great opportunity for you to share your vision for the future of our parks and help shape the Comprehensive Master Plan. We hope to see you at one of the following events!
- January 6 | Winter Hike Series | 9-10:30am | Winton Woods Harbor Pavilion
- January 13 | Winter Hike Series | 9-10:30am | Sharon Centre
- January 20 | Winter Hike Series | 9-10:30am | Woodland Mound Seasongood Nature Center
- January 20 | Mystery Dinner Series: Lost in Fool’s Paradise | 6-7pm | Winton Woods Mill Race Banquet Center
- January 27 | Winter Hike Series | 9-10:30am | Shawnee Lookout Golf Course Clubhouse
- February 3 | Winter Hike Series | 9-10:30am | Miami Whitewater Forest Visitor Center
- February 3 | Mystery Dinner Series: Cruise Ship Conundrum | 6-7pm | Winton Woods Mill Race Banquet Center
- February 24 | Maple Sugar Days | 12-4pm | Farbach-Werner Nature Preserve Ellenwood Nature Barn
- February 25 | Maple Sugar Days | 12-4pm | Farbach-Werner Nature Preserve Ellenwood Nature Barn
- March 10 | Neighborhood Summit | 8am-4pm | XU Cintas Center
- March 24 & 25 | Easter Spectacular | 10:45am-2:45pm | Parky’s Farm
- April 22 | Earth Day Celebration | Time TBD | Summit Park, Blue Ash
- April 28 | Healthy Kids Day | 10am-2pm | Parky’s Farm
- May 4 | P&G Health and Fitness Expo (Flying Pig) | 12-7pm | Duke Energy Convention Center
- May 5 | P&G Health and Fitness Expo (Flying Pig) | 10am-6pm | Duke Energy Convention Center
Keep checking back for additional dates and opportunities to participate!